Many homeowners are unsure whether to have a ‘For Sale’ board when they place their property on sale. There are a number of reasons they might think of to not have one: They don’t want to upset the neighbours. They don’t want people knocking on their door. They think it might be a security risk.
In reality these reasons are unfounded and there are many advantages to having a ‘For Sale’ board put up. If you decide to put your home on the market then you will generally find it easier to sell with a board for the following reasons:
- Buyers expect a house that is for sale to have a For Sale board outside it. A board sends a very positive message to buyers by confirming that the seller is committed.
- A board helps buyers to locate and identify the property when they come to view, making their experience an immediately positive one.
- Many buyers go on a Sunday afternoon drive searching for ‘For Sale’ boards in their preferred locations. I myself have bought 3 properties, all of which I discovered via the ‘For Sale’ boards!!
- The neighbours will know that the property is on sale very quickly via the internet anyway so not having a board won’t stop them finding out. It’s best to simply tell them yourself than let them find out the hard way.
- If your Estate Agent has an attractively designed board, this can add to the kerb appeal and the saleability of your property.
So if you’re going on sale this year then the message is simple. Choose a high quality Estate Agent like Elizabeth Davenport and get one of our attractive ‘For Sale’ boards mounted outside the front of the property. You’ll be moving in no time. by George Hartshorn